• Daily Protector Moisturiser SPF30+ should be used prior, during and after all treatments.
• Products may be recommended by your Skin Specialist and should be used for at least two weeks prior to any treatment.
• One week prior to treatment, avoid the use of Topical Retinoids such as Retin-A, Retinol and Retinyl Palmitate.
• Do not have any waxing done 48 hours before a treatment on the area to be treated.
• The area to be treated must be clean shaven.
• We recommend you come to appointments with clean skin in the area to be treated.
• Avoid any sun exposure to the treated area and use a Daily Protector Moisturiser SPF30+ every day.
• Do not cleanse or apply any product to your skin for 12 hours unless advised by your Skin Specialist. We advise to continue your recommended homecare from the next day as prescribed.
• Do not rub or touch the treated area, this helps to prevent cross infection.
• Do not use any active products (exfoliants/scrubs, AHA’s, BHA’s, Vitamin A, Vitamin C) for 4 days (or as personally advised) after your treatment to avoid skin irritation.
• Avoid scratching or picking the treated area.
• Keep the skin cool and apply a cool compress for comfort should the skin feel hot.
• Avoid bathing or washing with hot water for 12 hours.
• Do not wax the treated area for 10 days.
• Avoid heavy exercise or activities where you are likely to perspire heavily for 24 hours.
• Do not apply tanning lotions or get an active tan on the area that has been treated.
• Avoid excessive alcohol intake for 24 hours.
• We recommend the use of Mineral Make-up following any treatment.
Although possible side effects are very rare, they can happen. If you have any concerns or questions please contact Oi Cosmetic Studio on
0755730023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also available to be messaged personally through Facebookmessenger 24/7.
AFTER CARE ANTI-WRINKLE
Q: What should I avoid doing after treatment?
The treatment involves administering micro-needle injections into or around the facial muscles to relax the action of the muscles that causes wrinkles. To allow the wrinkle relaxant to perform optimally, it’s best to avoid the following:
- Rubbing or massaging injected area for at least 4 hours after treatment
- Strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- Wearing tight-fitting headgear that covers the forehead.
- Lying on your front; try to keep upright position for 4 hours after treatment.
- Drinking alcohol for at least 24 hours before and after treatment.
- Applying make-up for at least 24 hours after treatment. Mineral make-up may be applied immediately after treatment. However, you should take extra caution not to use too much pressure around the treated area.
Q: How soon can I resume normal activities?
Anti-wrinkle injections offer a quick and safe procedure with minimal impact on your normal activities during the day of injection. You may resume normal daily activities immediately following treatment. However, you should wait at least 4 hours before performing light exercises such as walking, jogging or upright yoga. Strenuous workouts such as weight training, cross training and long-distance running are best to avoid for the first 24 hours.
Q: How long do the effects of anti-wrinkle injections last?
It’s impossible to give a definite answer as some people experience longer lasting results than others. Scientific evidence shows the effects typically last between 12-16 weeks.
Q: What are the possible side effects to wrinkle relaxants?
Beyond a slight redness or tiny raised bumps around the injection points that typically disappear after about 30 minutes, there are no side effects related to anti-wrinkle injections for the majority of cases. Since everyone’s physiology is not identical, a small minority may experience minor bruising or temporary headache – the latter can be treated with over-the-counter painkillers.
Q: When is the best time to reschedule a treatment?
When you notice the wrinkles that you have smoothed or reduced slowly begin to reappear, the treatment effects are wearing off. Once the effects have worn off, it is safe for you to treat the same area with anti-wrinkle injections. NOTE: Due to the treatment, no new wrinkles will have been formed in the interim.
It is recommended that treatments be scheduled 12-16 weeks after the last treatment. You may administer multiple treatments in different areas at the same time. Since the anti-wrinkle agent does not accumulate in your system, it is perfectly safe to top up treatments in the same area once effects have worn off.
AFTER CARE DERMAL FILLER
- Avoid exercise for 24–48 hours
- Avoid direct UV exposure
- Use a soothing, antiseptic cream such as Bepanthen to treat the area
- Sleep on your back for the first few nights to relieve pressure on the area and avoid disturbing the filler
- Do not consume alcohol in the first 24 hours to avoid thinning the blood
- Do not use AHAs, BHAs, Retinol, or Vitamin C for 24 hours after the procedure
- Avoid laser treatments, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for 2 weeks following the procedure
- If there’s anything you’re unsure about, consult your cosmetic injector