Brr… Winter is Here
Cold weather and low humidity levels result in dry air, which then steals moisture away from the skin every second of every day. (Fabulous :-/) Indoor heat further robs the air of moisture, as do hot showers, baths and harsh cleansers.
Winter weather is not so fun for our skin huh..
Of course additional moisture helps during this time, However you need to do more to actually counteract these effects and keep skin looking youthful and smooth. This will reduce chapping, redness, itching, dry patches, irritation and keep skin more healthy and comfortable this season!
I thought I would list a few tips that could come in handy!
- Next time you’re in the clinic – Reassess your skin routine. It is really important to adapt your routine to the condition of your skin as it changes. This makes sure that it is getting the right amount of nutrients, moisture and vitamins to full function at its best. This might be simply changing your Moisturiser, going to a calming cleanser or adding in a hydrating mask that you normally wouldn’t use.
- I know it can get cold at times, but please try not to wash your skin with super-hot water. This tends to strip all the natural oils from the skin which is in fact what we are trying to avoid. Luke warm water is perfect!
- Moisturize straight after washing. Your pores will be open from the warm water allowing the product to penetrate easier and hydrate.
- Exfoliate – Removing g the dead skin cells from the skin gets rid of all the dry and flakey pieces, allows your products to penetrate and leaves it to appear softer and smoother.
- Drink lots of water!
- There are also some fabulous treatments in clinic that we can tailor to suit your skin – the new O2 skin lift is awesome for hydration along with lactic peels or micros with a tissue mask full of vitamins and boosters.
If ever in doubt – come visit us in clinic for a discussion. We are happy to help and give advice on any concerns!
Love your skin this winter with a skin mini kit only $86!